Looking to try a new healthy treat? Golden Milk Chai is one of the sampling delights to be served at our November 26, 2016 celebration of Small Business Saturday! Come and enjoy the shop filled with Christmas Gifts and Ideas and Hometown Holidays an annual event in Historic Downtown Liberty. Samples of Christmas Teas and Favorites, Scone Bites, and this lovely recipe with Chai and essential oils.
Golden Milk Chai Recipe
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1-2 teaspoons of Masala Chai
- 1-2 inch piece fresh turmeric root, thinly sliced or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 inch piec fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 drop Cinnamon Bark Vitality essential oil
- 1 drop Black Pepper Vitality essentioal oil
- Raw honey or maple syrup to taste
- Ground cinnamon
Whisk coconut milk, water, Masala Chai, turmeric, ginger, and coconut oil in a saucepan; bring to simmer and cook on low for 10 minutes. Do not boil.
Strain through a fine mesh sieve into a blender and add Cinnamon Bark Vitality, Black Pepper Vitality, and honey or maple syrup to taste.
Blend on high until frothy and pour into mugs. Serve with a dash of cinnamon on top. Serves 2.
Recipe from YL News – October 2016