Green Tea Chicken Soup Recipe
Total Time: 80 minutes
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons of green tea
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 2 carrots chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery (about 2 sticks)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 chicken breasts, chopped into medium sized pieces
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- Bring 2 quarts of broth to a boil, then turn off the heat and add tea bags. Allow to steep for 10 minutes, then remove tea bags.
- Place chicken into pot and bring to a boil again, then turn down to a low simmer for 40 minutes to cook the chicken.
- With about 20 minutes remaining, add the remaining ingredients.
- Serve hot or store refrigerated in glass containers for 4-5 days.
Recipe adapted from https://draxe.com/recipe/green-tea-chicken-soup/
You can either replace the water entirely with freshly brewed tea or add a smaller portion for an added dash of flavor. Lung Ching or Gunpowder Green are two excellent green tea choices. Marinades and salad dressings are also a great way to incorporate green tea into your meal by simply substituting all or a part of the liquid for green tea.