Roasted Carrot Soup
An extra special soup we found in Tea Time Magazine. We served this yummy soup at our Tea on the Farm September 2013 tea party.
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup celery, peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- cayenne pepper to taste
- 1-2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 Tablespoons fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- olive oil
Combine carrots, celery, onion, garlic, salt and pepper – toss with a little olive oil. Roast at 425° F, on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper for approximately 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Blend vegetables with some of the chicken broth until smooth. Add Parmesan cheese, cream and remaining chicken broth until desired consistency. I used more of the chicken broth and less of the cream. This soup can be served hot or cold.