Brenda’s Signature Scone Mix makes scone making so easy!
Spend your time relaxing instead of working over a recipe. According to Brenda, milk, water or the recommended heavy whipping cream can be used. But, for our tea parties – the key ingredient that makes her scones the best is the heavy whipping cream! Enjoy a few of her tried and true variations.
- Chocolate Chip – toss in a few handfuls
- Any dried fruit – peaches, tart cherries, raisins, currants. I like to soak any dried fruit in hot water for about 30 minutes. Liqueurs are great for soaking, too. Drain good and chop in food processor. Sometimes I leave them whole.
- Cranberry Scones – soak dried cranberries in Grand Marnier or Brandy. Drain very well.
- Spices – cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves are always good. They can stand alone (yummy Cinnamon Scones!) or add with fruit and/or nuts.
- Rosemary Scones – Add 2-4 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary, a touch of onion salt and white pepper. Top with coarse salt.
- Orange Almond Scones – Add 1-2 teaspoons orange extract and 1 tablespoon orange zest. Top with chopped almonds.