Cooking with Tea. A superior way to add flavor without adding extra sodium or other unwanted ingredients. Here is a multipurpose spice blend recipe from The Daily Tea. Delicious on many different things but especially meats such as chicken and pork. Mix up and start experimenting with your favorite flavors!
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground anise seed
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground clove
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard seed
- 2 tablespoons finely ground Lapsang Souchong tea
Mix all ingredients well; store in a sealed jar or tin. For a sweet and savory blend add 2 teaspoons of brown sugar.