Strawberry Tea Cake with Fresh Strawberry Glaze
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup frozen strawberries thawed
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup finely chopped toasted almonds
- Preheat oven to 325°. Spray a 9″ loaf pan with cooking spray with flour. Whisk all dry ingredients together. Combine eggs, strawberries and oil. Add dry ingredients, then almonds. Bake approximately 1hour or test center with a toothpick.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan then remove and cool for 20 minutes on rack. Place on platter and drizzle glaze on bread.
Fresh Strawberry Glaze
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons pureed fresh strawberries
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract